Server connection information
(in RC1 client, use address (ts55.light-speed.com:4136)
Guidelines and Rules
1) Creep speak is primarily a battle communication mechanism, as such, all off-topic communications shall immediately cease at the first sign of a battle
2) We expect all users to have a high degree of maturity. Limit outbursts and complaints. Additionally, if you are not a lead, do not overtalk someone unless it's vitally important. Gauge the criticality of your information and transmit if necessary, else /ooc or /ra it.
3) TS admins have the final say, if you are directed to do an action by a TS admin, do so immediately and without question. Complaints about TS admins can be sent through these forums to Vyxe, but follow their instructions when it comes to TS usage.
4) You must have a creep logged into the game to be on this TS3 server (use your main creep as your username, put alts you switch to in comment). Registered users are exempt from this rule but highly recommended. This rule does NOT apply to PvE or AFK channels.
5) You may not flip to a Freep* OR Freep Voice server in the Ettenmoors within 30 minutes of logging off of the Creep Speak server and vice versa onto Creep Speak.
TS3 admins will globally mute or kick as necessary.
Permanent bans will be in place for significant repeated infractions or severe infractions (spying).
You may appeal a ban after 1 month by posting on the http://www.theblackappendage.com/forums/black-appendage-sauron/teamspeak... forum, your behavior since will be evaluated and the ban may or may not be lifted, you will be notified of the decision.
Your current TS3 admins are
Please message any of them if you have any questions or concerns
If you agree to the guidelines above please send an message or poke to an admin (marked with a red eye on a black background) with the following phrase
"I agree to the rules, i'm not putting this in ooc"
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop the client from telling me when everyone logs in?
Go to Settings -> Options -> Notifications and either disable the soundpack completely (select it on the dropdown) or deselect events individually
How do I change my nickname?
Right click on your name and press Change Nickname
How do I mute people?
Right click on the person you want to mute and select Mute Client
How do I create a channel?
Right click on a channel and select "Create Channel". Enter in a password if you would like. The channel automatically deletes itself when empty.
Is there an Overlay?
Yes! Two seem to work for most people.
Remember to copy the dll file into the plugin folder of the TS3 client, go to Settings -> Plugins, then enable the playclaw plugin. Restart the TS3 client. Then open your TS3 client, the Playclaw application (ensuring that Enable Teamspeak Overlay is checked in the Overlays tab), and then the LOTRO client.
Another one that works is TS Notifier http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/
Copy the dll to the plugin folder of the TS3 client, go to Settings ->Plugins, then enable the TS Notifier plugin. Restart the TS3 client. VERY IMPORTANT: You must open the game BEFORE you run the TS Notifier application otherwise LOTRO will crash (at least it did with me). Once the LOTRO client is running, run the TS Notifier application.
What do I set my nickname to?
Please set a tribe tag if you are in one (determine one with your tribemates) and format it like in Vent (ex [BAOS] Vyxe). Other than that, we recommend you either use your main's name or the current creep you are on.
How do I set up a friend's list and message someone offline?
With your friend on, select Tools -> Contacts and drag your friend to the new window. To send an offline message, go to Tools -> Offline Messages and select your recipients to generate the message. They will recieve a note that they have offline messages the next time they log on the server.
Can I run a PvE group on your server?
Yes, but please only use the server as a PvE server if you still intend on playing as a creep in the Elendilmir moors. IE, if you only have PvE intentions, please do not use Creep Speak
How do I donate money to run/maintain the server?
We will advertise yearly or bi-yearly donation runs on Teamspeak and the BAOS website. Please keep an eye out for them. Our costs are ~$120-$150/yr
Why are we moving from Vent?
User created temporary channels, cheaper, far superior administrative functions, community administration, automatic voice normalization, superior sound capability, etc.
How do we get a tribe symbol by our name?
Check with your tribe officers to see if they can set a symbol for you. Otherwise one of your officers needs to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org : A 16x16 bitmap of what you want your symbol to be, the TS name of a tribe officer who can set the symbol on his/her tribemates, and the name of your tribe. We'll usually get to it within 24 hours.